If you would like to have your story read by others so that they can learn a thing or two from you and in the process, heal themselves, send us your stories to be published in Soulful Stories 2. As they say, experience is the best teacher.
- Target readers: 16 years old and above
- Word Count: 800-1200 words
- Theme: Personal story of overcoming challenges and going through a healing process rooted in Islamic faith and belief
- Reference: Soulful Stories: Of Hope, love and light (Ungu Pen)
- You can use your own name or use a pen name to remain anonymous.
- If your story is selected, it will go through the editorial process before it is published.
- You will receive one complimentary copy of the book, and discounts for subsequent purchases of the same book. One time free delivery within Singapore only.
- Delivery charges apply for submissions from overseas.
- No royalty for contributors.
- To be written in Standard British English.
- Deadline: 1 Januari 2022 (extended) until we receive enough good stories.
- Submit in MS Doc (not pdf), email: firstname.lastname@example.org with header: Soulful Stories 2.
- Please include your full name, email, mobile numbers, and a bio of 30-100 words.
Some pointers for your to start with:
- Your challenge/ issue: What was it?
- How did it impact you emotionally, physically, financially, mentally, psychologically etc etc
- How did you overcome it? What did you do? Who or What or How did the “help and healing” come about?
- Where are you at now with this situation?
- On hindsight, what are some things that you would have done differently, if ever?
- Final words to anyone that might be going through the same challenges/ issues?
- Also, do give us a bit of context of your background and situation, that will help us to understand the story.
Let’s have a go!